Aukeman Race Update 2021: What a year we have had! But we are VERY excited to announce that we plan to bring you the opportunity to race the Aukeman again in 2021. We are making a number of changes to keep you safe, and simplifying some things as we get back to racing. Please read these changes carefully before registering.
- There will be NO refunds. If we have to cancel for any reason, we are unable to issue refunds. We are a small race and it is complicated to refund and we lose money.
- Because of this, and the uncertainty of 2021, we are decreasing race fees to just $35!!!
- But your race fee gets you a little less this year. As we get back to racing, we are using this year as an opportunity to use some extra items. Thus, you will get a swim cap from a prior year and a t-shirt from a prior year. We will still bring you a swag bag and whatever donated items we can find for you. There will also be age group prizes.
- Safety-wise, it will be a one-way swim starting at the UAS dock and out to the ramp, and there will be a wave start based on your estimated swim time. Please answer that question on registration accurately.
- We are only offering a sprint distance race this year to keep things simpler.
- We are limiting the number of participants to just 75 for increased distancing.
- Have fun, and we look forward to seeing you out swimming, biking, and running!!
Registration closes at noon on Thursday August 5th, or when full.
August 7, 2021. Sprint distance only.
Sprint: 750M swim 19K bike, 5K run.
The Aukeman triathlon starts in the waters of Auke Lake, an incredibly scenic spot in Juneau, Alaska surrounded by mountains. The swim course is a single, well-marked loop. Participants emerge from the lake, run up to transition at the University of Alaska Southeast campus and then are off on the bike course — either to the Mendenhall Glacier (for the sprint course) or ‘out the road’ (for the olympic course). The bike course is moderately flat and out-and-back. Transition 2 is in the same location and then participants will head out on the run course which is mixed trail and pavement.